Burlington Coat Factory Reports First Qu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mississippi flooding

Go down

mississippi flooding Empty mississippi flooding

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

The White River, the Arkansas River, Big Black River are just a few major tributaries that may be impacted by the Mississippi main stem flooding. Interstate 40 west of Memphis between Hazen and Brinkley is closed in both directions due to the White. The market has priced in some risk of the Mississippi flooding closing in some refining capacity, he said. On the Mississippi between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, there are 11 refineries with a combined capacity of 2.5 million barrels a day,. Elvis Presley's former home of Graceland has been spared the brunt of the flooding Mississippi River, which has been wreaking havoc on low-lying neighbourhoods around Memphis . Levees have so far been successful in protecting most. . pump running at the 87-foot elevation, a Corps official said. We also expect that flood stages would be maintained below 91 instead of going to 95 feet. For more up-to-date on the flood situation in the Mississippi Delta, go to www.deltacouncil.org. Rising flood fears from the great Mississippi continues to drive gas and oil, despite what might be bearish data out of China and some comments from Germany regarding the Greece bailout that could further spook investors. We are already seeing some. AP ARKANSAS CITY, Ark. Officials in southeast Arkansas are preparing for flooding from the Mississippi River as it steadily rises and won't crest for several more days. Workers in Desha (di-SHAY') County are walking along the 48-mile levee system. Bobby Jindal on Tuesday predicted that as many as 3 million acres of his state could be affected by the flooding spawned by the Mississippi River. Some 500 National Guard members have been mobilized to meet the challenge. Twenty-one parishes issued. Since the devastating floods of 1927 and 1937, Congress has poured billions of dollars into a system of levees and spillways and subsidized flood insurance programs to help protect thousands of residents and businesses situated along the Mississippi.. This image from the Advanced Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER) instrument on NASA's Terra spacecraft shows the resultant flooding of farmland west of the Mississippi 20 miles (32 kilometers) south of the levee breach.. \"I have never seen it get up to this road. I have seen it about 2 yards out there about 40 feet. But that is as high as I have ever seen it. This here has shocked me. It shocked me a lot,\" says Gibson. He was ready with more sand to fill bags..

Admin
Admin

https://jasracass1.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down