barista May 15, 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

barista May 15, 2011

Post  Admin on Sat May 14, 2011 6:58 pm

The World Barista Championship is nearing us and it's time we got to know some of the contestants who represent the US. Before we do that, however, I'd like to get you acquainted with Lori Obra, of Rusty's Hawaiian Coffee. Why, you ask?. The Bishop, wearing an apron, was behind the counter in Southwark Cathedral's Refectory on Friday morning trying his hand as a barista. The unusual role was part of an attempt to raise awareness of how small-scale coffee farmers in Nicaragua have been. How do you become the US Champion Barista? Technique, of course. But Licata kicked the competition up a notch. He traveled up to this row of trees in Waiono Meadows and picked 50-pounds of coffee cherries, processed and roasted the beans himself,. The Bishop of Pontefract, Tony Robinson, tried his hand as a barista in Costa Coffee in the Woolshops, Halifax. His visit to Halifax came ahead of next week's Christian Aid week. He was put through his paces by the speedy baristas in the town-centre. Bull Run Coffee, which took over the Cars R Coffins space on Lyndale Avenue, hosts its first event Thursday with a party and latte art contest to be judged by 2010 World Barista Champion Michael Phillips.. Baristas Coffee (PINK: BCCI) opened its doors for business in Tacoma, Wash., generating a flurry of trading that spurred more than 60% gains today. And speaking of flurry, the company's unique approach to the service industry is sure to stir-up some. Baristas make your drink of choice, whether it is coffee or another specialty drink, just the way you like. Elaine Perez, a junior sociology major, has been working at Kelly Coffee and Tea House for about a month. The training she experienced after. HOUSTON, TX--(Marketwire - May 3, 2011) - In two coffee industry firsts this weekend in Houston, Pete Licata of Honolulu Coffee Co. became the first competitor from Hawaii to win the United States Barista Championship and also the first-ever to prevail. \"We do costume themes,\" said Ben Gallagher, president of Baristas Texas. \"For holidays we like to dress up.\" \"I've gone to school. I'm a graduate, but this is what I love to do,\" said Kati Walsh, the shop's manager who moved to San Antonio from. Kyle Rischert, a barista at The Grind, hustled to keep the crowd cool on the muggy day with frozen smoothies and frappes. The crowd was there for more than the drinks, though. They were there to hear students give voice to their original writing..

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://jasracass1.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum